Friday, March 21, 2014

Spent $90, saved $90 at Kroger

I don't even know if anyone reads this anymore, but I thought it was worth a post about finding out what level of coupons works for you. I have been couponing for about 5 years and I have not couponed the same way for a 3 month stretch the whole time! :) I have had stretches where I bought four papers a week, printed every coupon that came out, and grabbed handfuls of blinkes whenever I could! (I can't believe I was that person!! :/), I have had a dollar store expandable coupon envelope, small binders and large binders (for a while, I even had two 3" binders!! lol) and I have also had long stretches where I use no coupons at all, and 6 months later I open my binder to coupons that expired months ago.
I thoroughly enjoyed every stage I was in. However, for me, sometimes it was more than I could maintain without making it my life. Now I am at the stage that I don't buy any papers (I found that only about 5% of them were things I would buy anyway), and print very few coupons. I get some coupons from Kroger in the mail that are awesome (I had one today I used for free laundry detergent)!! I pick up blinkie or tearpad coupons in the store, get catilinas, use digital coupons, and find them in random places like magazines etc... I have one standard size mailing envelope that I keep my coupons in and carry them in my purse at all times.
Anyway, I say all this to say that wherever you are, there are so many ways to coupon! If you make it your job and have a stockpile that resembles a store in your basement, good for you! If you are like me and it's a light hobby, that's ok too! You can still save 50% on your grocery bill with very minimal effort!
Anyway, I will try to highlight some of the deals in case any of you are wanting to hit up this great sale at kroger. I don't have time to post links to printables, but there are lots of databases out there for that. So, they have their but 5, save $5 event going on right now, so I will list prices after the $1 each discount for those items:

Capri Sun 10 packs $1.49
$1/3 digital coupon
= $1.16 each

Blackberries $1.00

Asparagus $0.88/lb

Green beans $1.00/lb

Frozen salad shrimp $1.00 (regularly $1.99, and I am obsessed with these as a snack!!)

Armour Meatballs $2.50

Dove Deodorant $2.49
$2.00 off any deodorant kroger mailer
= $0.49

Maybelline Falsies Mascara $5.99
$2/1 digital coupon
= $3.99

Zevia natural soda $3.99
$1/1 digital coupon
= $2.99

Blue Diamond Almond Milk $1.99
$0.55 blinkie coupons
=$1.44

Dijourno pizzas $4.99
$2/2 digital coupon
$3.99 each

Triscuit crackers $1.77
$1.00/2
= $1.27 per box

Krusteaz cookie mix $0.99

Dial hand soap refill $2.49
$2/2 digital coupon
= $1.49 each

Dial 8 pack bar soap $2.49
$2/2 digital coupon
= $1.49 each

Disney gummy vitamins $6.99 B1G1
Use 2 $2.00/1 kroger mailer coupons
= $1.50 each

Luna bar $1.00
$0.75/1 Catalina coupon
$0.25

Gevalia coffee $4.99
$1.50/1 digital coupon
= $3.50

Kroger imitation crab $2.00
$0.45/1 kroger mailer coupon
= $1.55

There was a lot of random stuff I needed to get that wasn't a great deal like vinegar, frozen blueberries, meat etc... Then I went to Aldi and got lots of fruits and veggies! :)

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed my post, happy shopping!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment