Friday, January 14, 2011

Farmers markets = great food at a great price!



Check out all that produce I got at Frobergs Farm for just over $12!! I feel compelled to post this because my number one pet peeve is when people say to me, "my family doesn't buy the kinds of stuff there are coupons for," followed by a condescending look. I want to say, "really?!? Your family doesn't use toothpaste, toilet paper, and handsoap?!?" but instead I politely move on. :)
The way I look at it is this, if my family can save over half on household goods then it allows us to spend more on the quality food I prefer. If I were paying full price for paper towels, I couldn't afford the extra three dollars for organic milk. Make sense? I won't argue that there are a lot of coupons for CRAP out there, but we are all adults and have the choice whether or not we want to buy it, donate it, or just pass it up.
Anyway, sorry for the rant! People are always asking me how to get deals on produce and without a doubt I say go to a farmers market. I love Frobergs Farm in Alvin and go at least a week to pick up fresh homegrown veggies. Nothing beats locally grown food. I just read that the average meal travels 1,500 miles and is a Week old by the time you buy it at the store! I will get off my soapbox now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment